Saturday, July 25, 2009

Update: What Are You Missing In Your Life?

Blogger's Note: I asked myself the same question on Mon Mar 23, 2009. Click here to read. Here is an updated answer to the question.

I'm missing a person who is like me, a go-to person I call anytime to ask "Are you free?" The person is free 90% of the time and we do something together. We have our families and other friends, too. We introduce our friends to each other to expand our circle of friends.

The go-to special person, a best friend, and I have similar living situations (think George from Seinfeld: Hello, I'm Raymond, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.). We have a list of new things we want to do together, share new experiences, and have similar hobbies. We share our happiness, our laughers, frustrations, and help each other correct our mistakes. The person is very close to who I am. Personally speaking, I'm missing out many places, many activities, and many adventures. Examples we do together include attending concerts, random walking in cities and downtowns especially new places, chat in bookstores, cooking, ballroom dancing, playing games, watching anime, hiking . . . anything new, anything outdoors, anything indoors.

Nobody can live alone—live like hermits. Think of the most successful people. They succeed with help from other people: friends, family, co-workers, partners, close people, networks, acquaintances, and a special person.

I was alone 98% of the time while I was a college student. I missed out many adventures and experiences in my 20s. Given my current life situation, it's highly likely I'm going back to school. I need people, friends, family of course, and a special person. My future successes depend on people.

I continue to meet new people to expand my circle of friends, my networks, my acquaintances, and in time I meet my special person. I failed to meet new people in my 20s. I'm correcting my mistake today meeting new people.

Visit my first blog Innovating Common Knowledge

No comments: