Thursday, February 19, 2009

Random Quiz #1

Quiz time *hee, hee* Answers appear next blog entry. Good luck!

1. The Loma Prieta earthquake took place on Oct 17, 1989 at 5:04pm in the Bay Area California. The earthquake took place on the San Andreas Fault and the magnitude was 7.1 and lasted 15-20 seconds. Where was I during the earthquake?

a. Playing chess in the high school Chess Club I was losing and grateful the earthquake knocked all the pieces on the floor.
b. Taking a nap and thinking about the biology exam on organisms.
c. Studying algebra solving x for x + 5 = 10.
d. Didn’t felt the earthquake because I was driving earning my learner’s permit in driver’s ed. (Yes, there was driver’s ed. in high school.)

2. Who was Carolyn H.?

a. She was my childhood neighborhood friend I hated her so much one day I threw mud at her dress. Anyone can be evil >=\
b. She was my first friend, first classmate, first girl I talked to on the phone, and first birthday party I was invited.
c. She was my first kiss we kissed in front of her parents house discretely.
d. We met for the first time at Toys R Us and we rode the kiddy cycles around the store.

3. Where is my dream city I want to live?

a. Anaheim, California
b. Chicago, Illinois
c. Portland, Oregon
d. Seattle, Washington

4. I won one contest my entire life. Name the contest.

a. Guessed the number of M&Ms in a jar at a cousin’s wedding.
b. Won a raffle at a business party.
c. First to reach the finish line in a sprint race in pre-school.
d. Guessed the total weight of three pumpkins correctly at a pumpkin contest.

5. In Fanime 2004, I talked to a friend who recently graduated and he was phasing out of anime. I thought about quitting anime the next day. What saved me from quitting anime?

a. I spent $500 in DVDs because I was bored watching the same old anime over and over again.
b. I watched Full Metal Alchemist and cosplayed the main character Edward Elric.
c. I realized I was stupid (baka) and the thought of quitting anime went away.
d. I ate a curry dish after Fanime for the first time. Without anime, I don’t know these tasty Japanese foods.

6. What happened on Oct 4, 2008?

a. I won $5 playing the California Lotto, and I picked my numbers.
b. I was involved in a minor car accident as a third party.
c. I sold all my investments because I knew the recession was coming.
d. I realized I must grow up.

7. I enrolled at San Jose State University as a Mathematics major wanting to teach high school math. I graduated with a different degree. What was it?

a. Geology
b. Accounting
c. Economics
d. Liberal Arts

8. What game do I carry in my backpack?

a. Just a plain old deck of playing cards.
b. UNO Family Guy Version
c. Travel Connect Four
d. Fluxx

9. What is my dream car?

a. Toyota Tundra because men must own a truck and be a man.
b. Audi A8 because I want to be the next Frank Martin. Rule #1 . . .
c. Ford Crown Victoria because I’m a California Highway Patrol wannabe.
d. Chevrolet Camero because I love driving in the fast lane and I’m a California Highway Patrol wannabe.

10. What is my favorite number?

a. 7
b. 11
c. 40
d. 300

Visit my first blog Innovating Common Knowledge

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dang, that's hard. I only know the answer to #5 offhand! Too many of the secondary options are plausible! (Though, some of them aren't)