Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Our Differences Between Them, You, And Me

I got this blog idea last night in bed. It’s obvious everyone is different in many ways. We have different interests, different hobbies, different beliefs, different careers, different intelligence, different emotions, different physical features, different personalities, etc. We are unique, and our individual uniqueness defines our differences.

Why are you blogging an obvious observation?

The friends I spend time with the most our strongest commonality are anime, video games, computers, board games, and anything related to the anime hobby; however, I am the lowest common denominator among them. In other words, they have a stronger interest, a stronger connection, a bigger desire in our commonality than I do. I’m fortunate we have our Friday night hangouts and they invite me to events they know I have a good time. They don’t invite me to video game tournaments because they know I’m not going to have fun since I play on a causal level.

You have more friends in addition to the guys

I have other friends. I spend less time with them. They’re either busy with other activities, busy with commitments, and/or busy with their closer friends. When we do gather, they more we know each other, the more we earn our friendships, the more we become closer, then the more we spend more time. Also, there are moments and events I meet new people and make new friends. The new friends I make we may become friends at a faster rate because the connection develops quicker.

I’m fortunate and happy that all my friends share parts of who I am. The guys and I spend time on anime, computers, and board games. I have another group I play board games. And I have another group we go dancing (although we haven’t danced in a long time).

I want to meet more people and make new friends. For example, I want to have friends share my other hobbies including hiking and cooking. I want to meet new people who have the desire to go outside and do something new such as visit a new place for the first time. I want to meet people who ice skate. My desire to ice skate happened in March 2010. The bottom line is I want to meet new people and make new friends to share my other hobbies, satisfy my other desires, and match my personality (more importantly, no jerks, bitches, and assholes). The guys have friends outside our Fri night hangouts.

There is no guarantee

I was naive years ago. I thought I get along with everyone I know and meet. If I follow Dale Carnegie’s human relation rules, I always succeed. I don’t succeed. For example, my dumb ass co-worker at Colliers International. We never got along. He was stupid and childish. He was someone I don’t want to be. There are lots of people I meet I have no connection for a good reason. The few people I meet and have the connection I look forward to developing a casual, professional, or personal relationship.

Still growing up, still learning

It’s getting better. I’m getting better. I still have lots to learn, adventures to seek, experiences to experience, and wisdom to gain. In time, I’m going to achieve being a good guy. Good guys seek and attract people. After I accomplish being a good guy ten times better than today, I continue to learn, seek adventures, find new experiences, and expand my wisdom.

Side note: The blog was initially for Innovating Common Knowledge. I changed my mind to post at Finding Raymond Mar because the more I wrote, added, and deleted, the more it became personal. I choose to keep the original title.

Always Innovating and Changing Innovating Common Knowledge

No comments: