Saturday, August 19, 2017

Raymond Mar Act III. Act IV Coming Soon.

Blogger's note: Today's blog is posted at both Innovating Common Knowledge and Finding Raymond Mar.

I separate my life from the day I was born to today in three acts. Here they are below:

Act I: 34 Years As A Child (day I was born to Oct 3, 2008). My childhood was boring. My parents provided little guidance. They were too quiet. They were slow. They did have intelligence. Honestly speaking, they were not dumb. I learned more child life lessons watching Sesame Street. I have a small amount of childhood stories to share; likewise for my teenage years. I experienced a less than my share of typical teenage firsts such as first kiss, first date, first school dance, and first girlfriend. My high school years were 50% good and 50% bad for which some may argue I had a good high school life.

I failed to take advantage of living life in my 20s in the 1990s. The mistakes I failed to learn in my 20s caught up in my 30s. I didn't earn my successes. I wasn't responsible. I didn't meet new people. I didn't make new friends. I didn't learn new ideas. I didn't experience new experiences. I didn't seek new adventures. I failed to take advantage experimenting new ideas and trying new activities as a San Joe State University student. I took life for granted.

Act II: De Anza College (Oct 4, 2008 to Nov 19, 2013). I was a late bloomer. I was overdue for adulthood. I realized I must grow up on Sat Oct 4, 2008. The actions growing up paid off immediately. First, I forgave my parents for doing a poor job raising me as a child. I'm responsible for myself catching up what I missed in my young adult years. Second, I discovered new hobbies such as ballroom dancing thanks to my sister, hiking, reading fiction books, and listening to classic jazz. Third, I purchased a new mattress, new clothes, and built a new desktop personal computer thanks to my dad, gmontem, and Appu for guidance.

I took advantage of the Great Recession going back to college. I earned an AA degree in Accounting at De Anza College. I was satisfied I corrected some mistakes. I experienced what I should have experience when I attended San Jose State University; for example, I met new people and I made new friends. Furthermore, the time from the day I graduated at De Anza College to my first day at my new job I continued seeking new adventures and experiencing new experiences I should have done both during my 20s. I continue catching up what I missed today.

Act III: Lonely Soul (Nov 20, 2013 to day before independence date). I finally got a break working at a retail start-up. It was my first job since I lost my contract job back in Nov 2008. I was hired as a contractor in a networking company for six months after working at the retail start-up. I'm job searching, learning new job skills, and reviewing existing job skills. I pace myself with leisure reading books and watching movies. I stay in physical shape working out at the gym four to five days a week. I'm lonely most of each day.

It was time to say goodbye to people holding me behind. It was time to retire from anime. It was time to go on my own to find my independence. I don't know when I achieve independence. Independence can be tomorrow. Independence can be next month. Independence can be next year. I continue living the present life intelligently. I'm not watching TV eight hours a day. I'm doing what I feel is the best for me today. I'm doing what I feel is the best for me tomorrow. I'm open to new ideas. If I stop living, then I die.

Act IV: Independence (independence date). All of my successes. All of my failures. All of my frustrations. All of my experiences. All of my wisdom acquired. All of my mistakes and the lessons learned. One of these days I connect all of the above backwards to who I am in my future. My future is a strong, intelligent, and independent Raymond Mar. Grit, responsibility, hanging on, strength, courage, and earning my winnings pay off on the day I declare myself independent.

No comments: