Sunday, August 5, 2012

Top Mistakes The Final Part

Part 7 and the final Top Mistakes. I recap the six parts and the mistakes learned:

1. Always meet new people and make new friends. Always. I never met new people.
2. Never take life for granted. I took life for granted.
3. Follow a gym workout plan. My workouts were ineffective.

4. Read fiction books, any literature. I used to read non-fiction books such as business, investment, and self-help only.
5. Life is really not that bad. I criticized, complained, nagged, took my disappointments on others on my life.
6. Grow up. I was immature.

7. Trivia can be common knowledge. Trivia was too trivial for me.
8. Get out and do something, anything. I had no interest in new experiences, new adventures, and learning something new. Update: My new motto is "get up and do something, anything."
9. Food does make a difference in a person's life. Put effort, love, and sincerity cooking. Food was just food.

10. Never be afraid being wrong. Be assertive my abstract thinking, abstract mind. I was afraid communicating my thoughts being wrong.
11. Be a good guy. I was a nice guy.
12. There is no such thing as fate. I believed in fate, letting life came to me.

13a. Don't quit after making one mistake. I was discouraged easily.
13b. I learn from my mistakes. I was a person who never made mistakes. I didn't make mistakes because I was scared to try something new.
14. Quit when something is not working out. I was stubborn and arrogant to quit.
15. Never stop learning, even for children on vacation. It was fun, fun, fun during my childhood vacations. No job, no extra activities, very little parent involvement.

16. Trust my gut feeling and intuition. I didn't trust my gut feeling to save me from problems.
17. My humor strength is dry, slow, optimistic, and ha ha non-lol laughing. Never stop improving my humor side. I was serious all the time because I afraid to be funny.
18. Trust my face, trust my looks. I failed to realize people did recognize my unique face.

Here are the last three mistakes:

Mistake 19: I Was Quiet With A Group Of People

I was a quiet person from my childhood to early 30s. I talked when I was with people I knew well and family I saw many times. However, I was quiet at new places and with new people I saw for the first time. I was a bad conversationalist when I talked to new people. That explained why I had trouble making new friends in the past. That affected my confidence when I approached new people. That affected the way I lived. I lived with few friends in my life. Making new friends was rare.

The lesson I learned is know and practice good conversation skills. The skills are important to get to know other people, make connections, and socialize. Conversation skills are important in the professional world. We talk to our co-workers, management, customers, and competitors daily. If people want to get along with other people, then be a good conversationalist.

Mistake 20: I Could Do It Alone.

My second job after I graduated college I was a bad-ass, did it myself, mistake free, all-star worker. I handled everything myself. I didn't need help. I wanted nobody to "waste" time for me. I was an expert. I solved my own problems. I was a loner.

I realized being a loner was alienating others. I created a shield blocking others trying to help me, trying to correct my terrible work attitude, and correcting my bad behavior. My co-workers wanted to help me, wanted to show support and recognize I worked with a dumb-ass next to my work station. I was stubborn for refusing help and support. My co-workers were afraid to call me out and correct how I should work professionally.

The lesson I learned is support, knowing people, having connections, and networking with peers are important to be successful. I request help and support when I'm in trouble. I share my problems and voice my concerns to others. I have people backing me up during the worse times. People help each other. I help people. I should let people help me.

Mistake 21: I Was Immature For My Age

I was in my mid 30s and I had the wisdom of a 24 year old. I realized it was time to catch up what I missed throughout my life from the day I was born to today on Sat Oct 4, 2008. I feel smarter and wiser correcting my mistakes I made in my past. I'm gaining wisdom never to repeat again.

There is still more to learn, more wisdom to acquire, new experiences, new adventures, new people to meet, new activities to try, new food to eat, new hobbies to explore--just something, anything for my life. I'm not ready to die. I'm happy to say I'm doing a good job catching up to my current years in life.

No comments: