Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Top Mistakes Part 2

I started to write the Top Mistakes blogs yesterday. There are many mistakes I learned throughout my life. Here are three more.

Mistake 4: Reading Non-Fiction Books Only

I started to read books consistently on 2002. The first book was Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. I followed reading business, leadership, self-help, and stock investment books. Some of the books were really good and worth my time reading. However, there was something missing.

I started to read fiction books on Oct. 2008. The first book was The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I followed that book with The Road by Cormac McCarthy, and Forever by Judy Blume. I read classic books such as The Old Man And The Sea by Ernst Hemingway and To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I read 75% fiction and 25% non-fiction today.

The lesson I learned is read fiction books. I believe people learn more about life reading fiction than non-fiction.

Mistake 5: Complaining, Nagging, Taking It Out On Others

I remember working at Grubb & Ellis on Nov. and Dec. 1998. I complained, nagged, and criticize daily. I took out my life frustrations on other people. I was a guy you don’t want to be with on a Fri. night. I continued the unprofessional and negative attitude throughout my careers at Colliers International and Cisco. I believed my negative attitude affected my work productivity and my mental health. I believed work could have been less stressful if I relaxed and took a breath.

The lesson I learned is don’t criticize, condemn, and complain. They very rarely change the situation.

Mistake 6: An Immature Adult

I want to go straight to the lesson I learned on Oct. 4, 2008: grow up. Stop acting and behaving like a child. Don’t take life for granted. If I want a good life, I must earn it. I must be man with strength, courage, and honesty. Learn from my mistakes. Never stop innovating life.

Always Innovating and Changing Innovating Common Knowledge

No comments: