Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Can I Find And Make New Friends Who Are Like Me?

This is a personal critical thinking question. To avoid misunderstandings and miscommunications, I cherish, respect, value, appreciate, earn, and never take for granted my friends. I continue to be a friend and I hope my friends continue to appreciate and to accept my friendship. If you're on my Facebook, have your cell number, or we keep in touch in some way, then you're a part of me. Thank you!

I ask the question because the groups of friends I spend time with I'm the lowest common denominator. In other words, I have the least common interests, hobbies, experiences, attitudes, and personalities among my group of friends. There are times I feel left out. One can say I'm the quietest. It happens to all groups. I'm sure I'm not the only one with the same feelings. There are times I feel lonely because there are some activities I'm not invited for good reason since I don't do that or I'm doing something else my friends don't do.

Where are the people who are like me? Are there people who watch anime, play board games, read books, and also workout at the gym, listen to classic jazz (started Nov'08), cook, ballroom dance (started Jan'09), hike (started Apr'09), visit random places (want to visit more), and/or follow sports (I follow the headlines in football and baseball and some basketball and little hockey).

I just thought of a better question. Where are the people who have interests besides anime, board games, and reading books, and can I find them? For example, can I find somebody who works out at my gym and become friends? Almost everyone who works out workout alone anyways. Bad example. How about visiting new places in the Bay Area? How about going to a San Francisco Giants ballgame or watching sports at a sports bar?

I want to meet people who enjoy other hobbies I like to do. I must be having bad luck. Or maybe it's me not being good enough to attract more people and making more friends. The search continues.

I Continue To Innovate Innovating Common Knowledge

No comments: