Sunday, May 10, 2009

How Do I Stop Thinking Too Much?

If there was something I learned from my Japanese class, it was a negative attribute I must correct. I think too much. The teacher told me straight forward I think too much. The teacher was correct. I think too much. I think too much making many events, moments, and situations in life too hard.

So how do I stop? I tell myself, "stop thinking too much" when I think too much. What do I think about? Anything. Examples include what I'm going to do tomorrow, sad thoughts such as being unemployed, worries about being lonely, family, hobbies, and blogs.

Saying "stop thinking too much" is successful. I feel better and less stressful. I also take a deep breath or take three or four deep breaths. Thinking of a song is another technique. Any technique that wakes me up, to make me be here now, to relax and open up, to become me, to express myself, to get in the rhythm, to finish whatever I'm doing now NOW, I use it to stop thinking too much. I must trust my gut feeling more.

Maybe philosophers get away thinking too much. No more excuses thinking too much if I make a mistake. I correct my mistakes. The last three weeks have been more relaxing because I'm fighting to stop thinking too much.

Visit my first blog Innovating Common Knowledge

No comments: