Saturday, May 2, 2009

Finding Raymond Mar Trivia

Let's take a break from the self interview questions. I have one more question entry and then I continue the positive blog entries. (Thur Apr 16 was the last day of positives.)

I got the trivia idea from watching Mad Max starting Mel Gibson. I was just taking it easy and playing around with the DVD special features. I selected "Mad Facts Trivia Track." Then the movie started playing and trivia appear throughout the movie. I watched the movie and wrote down my life trivia I thought about on paper. Here we go:

* My signature good bye is "see ya around." The first time I said it I was in 8th grade. BTW, my late grandfather's signature good bye was "thanks a million."

* My left leg is bent unconsciously when I'm in a good mood driving. My left leg is straight if I'm in a bad mood. I straighten my left leg consciously to stretch.

* My first buzz cut was in late Summer 2004. I love the buzz cut since. I choose the cut for a new look and my hair line has been receding.

* I thought about buying a Honda Accord in 2001 at Max's Restaurant. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't. I waited six more years to buy my first car, a 2005 Toyota Camry used from my neighbor who moved out of state. My dream car today is the Audi A8.

* My first anime convention was Fanime Con 1997. I started making friends in anime cons at Japantown Anime Faire 2 on September 2004.

* My first book report was "The Magic Fish" in 4th grade. I barely passed because the book was less than 100 pages long.

* One time I wrote a false book report in 4th grade. The book was "The Fat Cat," a mystery novel. Not only did I not read it, I never knew the author. I made up the entire report.

* In 8th grade, my nickname was "rapid" because when I play lunchtime football, I run, catch, avoid tackles, and score touchdowns and touchdowns and touchdowns.

* I never had any friends visit my house when I was a kid. The word "playdate" never existed during my childhood.

* The first movie I watched in the movie theatres was "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" in Dublin, CA. I never understood the plot and never realized who Harrison Ford was. I enjoyed the fighting scenes and the scenes where the Nazis transported the ark.

* I never drank a cup of coffee in my life. And I never had a Cinnabon.

* My first girl I danced was the 7th-8th grade Halloween dance in junior high.

* The longest I stayed awake was 27 hours at Fanime Con 2004.

* I wore a retainer on my upper teeth when I was a kid. My parents did a bad job maintaining the retainer and I did a bad job wearing the retainer. There were many times I took the retainer off and forgot to put it back in my mouth.

* Fall Semester 1993 was the worst semester while I was a student attending San Jose State. The semester should have been a wake up call to take my classes serious and not take college for granted. Thinking back, I failed to learn those lessons.

Visit my first blog Innovating Common Knowledge

No comments: