Sunday, April 5, 2009

Name Five Qualities That Make You . . .

. . . unique, make you attractive, make you proud of yourself. The five qualities are I learn from my mistakes, I have above average observation senses, I think about the other person's welfare, I explain anything I understand fully from point A to point B, and I'm growing up.

I Learn From My Mistakes

The biggest mistake I learned is never take anything and anyone for granted. Never ever. You must earn everything and everyone in life. Go with the flow, but never depend on the flow for your happiness. You must earn happiness.

I feel I have a second chance to make up for my mistakes. I'm unemployed and with the economy in a recession, today is the opportunity to go back to school and earn a second college degree.

I rarely make the same mistake twice. I make mistakes to learn better. I welcome failure to learn. The next quality helps me learn from my mistakes to avoid repeating.

I Have Above Average Observation Senses

Eyes, ears, hands, nose, and mouth. My five senses are above average. Keeping focus on learning from your mistakes is important. I focus to learn and ask follow up questions. I write solutions to my mistakes if I can. My sense of awareness is high. Anytime and anywhere I focus on what I'm doing, in the back of my mind my eyes are seeing, ears are hearing, hands are feeling, nose is smelling, and mouth is communicating (and tasting) anything and anyone within my surroundings. Perhaps, my keen senses enable me to listen to music while studying. My sense of awareness explains my third quality.

I Think About The Other Person's Welfare

It's just me. I think about other people when I'm with them. I rarely think about myself. It's natural for me to be a helpful guy, not a guy to be taken advantage. If something is wrong, I pause, think, and ask myself "Is everything OK?"

There are a few people I don't think about their welfare as much. The reason is I know them for a long time and I know they are strong enough to take care of themselves. Regardless, my senses are always focused on the few people and I ask, "What's going on? Is everything OK?" Then I act accordingly.

I Explain Anything I Understand Fully . . .

. . . from point A to point B. One of my pet peeves is wasting time. I remember the classes I took in high school and college the instructor was a poor teacher and explained the concepts poorly. Waste of time. When I self study, I forget about the unnecessary facts and details and summarize the concepts from point A to point B. There is no point C, point D, etc.

Getting to the point is one of my qualities for the successful final semesters in college and for the successful jobs I worked. The companies I worked required critical analytical and reasoning skills I mastered. I received complements from others for explaining and detailing the reports and procedures in my departments.

I'm Growing Up

Sat Oct 4, 2008 was the day I start becoming a man. No more naive Raymond Mar. It's time to grow up.

I consider myself lucky and fortunate I realized I must grow up. I know people and I see people older than me who are acting and being weird, immature, and/or a jackass. I bet there are successful people (rather so-called successful people) who are not grown up. I have not met any of these people and I know I'm going to meet them in the future.

Since Oct 4, 2008, I have done the little changes and innovations such as new clothes, trying new foods, and creating a Facebook account. I have done the minor changes such as buying a new bed, new gym workout, reading fiction, and a new PC. I'm going to do one major change that is going back to college. The second major change is finding a second college degree.

Other qualities that make me unique, attractive, and proud are I always find something to talk about in a conversation, I look younger than my age, and I never get lost. Hmmm, I must expand these three in another blog ;)

Visit my first blog Innovating Common Knowledge

No comments: