Monday, August 16, 2010

What Do I Have That Keeps Me Having Friends?

I ask myself that question when I go out sometimes. What do I have that my friends enjoy my company? What do I have that my friends involve me in gatherings and hanging out? I don’t have special talents. I’m not a magician. I can’t repair broken cars. I can’t hit a 400 foot home run. I can’t speak Japanese. I can’t draw. I don’t have special skills. I have average computer skills. I graduated with a degree in Economics. I have poor marketable job skills which explain why I’m going back to school.

I’m not good at everything I do. Let’s take a look at some:

*Anime. I read a few Japanese comics (manga). I watch a few anime series every season. My DVD collection is small. I’m not a die hard anime fan whose entire room is decorated with anime and the bookshelf is full of Japanese comics and DVDs. Please don’t ask me about voice actors because I don’t follow who’s who in anime series.

*Video Games. I play Team Fortress 2 (TF2) and StarCraft 2 (SC2) only. I don’t play fighting games and RPGs. I don’t own a Playstation 3 (PS3), Nintendo Wii, and a Xbox 360. My favorite arcade games are shooting. I know very little video games.

*Sports. I follow the headlines in football, baseball, and basketball. I follow very little hockey. I don’t follow golf and racing. I don’t have ESPN and I don’t read Sports Illustrated. I know enough to enjoy the games and small talk. I can’t carry long conversations; although, I follow others sport conversations.

*Physical Fitness. I follow two basic weight lifting schedules. One schedule is machines and another is free weights. I continue to learn and to improve my workout plans. I just workout to feel good, improve my health, and stay young. The fastest I ran on the treadmill is 6.5mph. Today, I’m getting back into shape after inconsistent workouts in June and early July.

*Music. I know what I know. I know little classic jazz and classical music. I just listen and enjoy. Classic rock is my favorite music. I started listening to The Beatles almost every day. One day, I want to identify Beatles songs from which record.

*Books. I’m a slow reader. I started reading fiction books in Nov. 2008. Fiction books are better than non-fiction books to learn about life. I have fun what I read. I’m not a bookworm.

*Cooking. My cooking skills are such that I know enough to survive on my own. I improve my cooking skills dramatically when I live on my own.

One of these days, I’m going to be good at something. No, I’m going to be good at a few skills, hobbies, and personality traits.

What Is The Answer?

I’m a good guy. Good guys are people you feel good hanging around with. I’m a good listener. I’m a good conversationalist. I’m interested in others’ hobbies, personalities, and who they are. I learn from others who help me determine who I am. We influence each other who we are. I’m a team person. I love action. I hate being bored. I smile when I’m happy. I’m a very open person and I talk about almost anything. 98% of who I am I’m free to speak out.

Being a good guy doesn’t mean I stop being good. I continue getting better. There is always something to improve. I improve my skills, my hobbies, my physical attributes, my knowledge, and my social skills. I learn from my successes to be better and learn from my mistakes to avoid repeating them. I seek new adventures, new interests, and new knowledge.

I want to add more than just being a good guy. Life is more than just stopping and settling somewhere at sometime. Life is taking a deep breath, stop for a moment, and ask yourself, “What is there new I want to do? There is something I want to be good at. What is it? What are they?”

Always Innovating and Changing Innovating Common Knowledge

No comments: